Monday, February 6, 2012

It's a ....

Well, I had an ultrasound last week while i was working and we were able to see that IT'S A GIRL!! We couldn't be more excited. Since we heard the news I have to admit that I've gone a little craft crazy. There's just so many things that I want to make for our little sweet pea and to make it worse once I start I just have a hard time stopping. I also feel kind of overwhelmed because I'm almost halfway through this pregnancy and the list of things that we need to get ready and in order just seems to keep growing. On the bright side I have found the inspiration for my dream nursery which I plan on re-creating. Ok so it's not just gushing with pink but to be totally honest pink has never really been my #1 color of choice. I just feel like it tends to be over-done and I've always wanted to do something a little different.  So in an attempt to get my craftiness underway and start to recreate my dream nursery I began with the lovely circles on the wall that you can see in the picture on the left. I love the vintage fabrics and the little splash of color is always fun. So here's what I came up with......


I have to say that they turned out pretty good. The picture doesn't look as good as they do in person but it was fun to try something new and get a headstart on baby's room :)








So my second project for the nursery was a holder for all of her cute bows and flowers. I found this lovely treasure at the D.I for a whopping 5 bucks. I know it's not the prettiest right now but it did have "cute potential".

The next thing I found was some paint for $.56 and ribbon for a total of $3 in the clearance section at Michaels.

Well after gutting the frame. a few coats of paint to cover up that hideous green, and a little bit of ribbon and hot glue.... VOILA my little bow/flower holder.


I think it turned out really cute. Well after making that I just couldn't leave it empty so I got busy making bows and flowers and a few newborn sized headbands that I could change out and put different flowers on.


I also got really excited because I learned how to make burnt roses just out of ribbon. Here are the two that I made. I think they turned out pretty good.
I love all of these fun little girly project, they keep me busy. I can't wait till we can finally meet our sweet baby and I can dress her up in all of her cute little outfits and headbands. I've decided that I'm going to do something once a week for the baby. It gives me something to look forward to and I think it'll help me get more done without having to stress about all of it at the very end.  Life is WONDERFUL!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Wow!! Go you go! This is so cute!

SJW said...

Oh my heck. It's perfect. Can't wait to see the end result.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

YAYYY!!!!! Girls are the BEST!!!!! Everything is SO much fun!! I still can't stop making/buying fun girly stuff!!! It's an addiction and it's just starting, I'm afraid!! haha So happy for you guys!!!

Post a Comment