Saturday, February 18, 2012

I love a good deal....

So I've decided that there really isn't anything better than finding a screaming deal and paying a fraction of the price of something. Well lately in my quest to get things ready for baby I've been looking a lot at cribs. I wanted something that looked nice and that would be safe without spending tons of $$$ on it. With Wyatt being in school we have to stay in our budget and that mean a crib under $100.00. Well I've been looking a lot online and found a crib that I absoltuely loved.
It's a Jenny Lind crib. I love it because... A. it has a lot of detail but yet is simple. B. It has the ability to also convert into a toddler bed. C. It's not too tall so I won't have a problem getting the baby in and out of the crib.  and D. The bottom of the crib adjust to several different heights, (also making baby access easy). 
Well although this crib was great there was just one problem..... money. It costs anywhere between 200-250$ and that's just money that we can't spend on a crib. Also, I don't see the point in spending that much on a crib when your baby won't stay in it very long and it's not like you're going to keep it forever. So I continued my search......
Well the other day while I was working at the gym I was once again on craiglist and what do i find...... My Jenny Lind crib for the amazing price of......$40.00! that's right people! I was soooo incredibly excited.It looks identical to the one in the picture above (color and everything). And the people that had it bought it brand new and it was in great shape! Wyatt went and got it for me the next morning and now my little treasure is currently sitting in our spare bedroom waiting to be painted. I wanted the white version so that it matches our nursery but that's nothing that a little paint can't fix. 
Moral of the story.... it pays to be patient and shop around!

0 comments:

Post a Comment