Monday, January 2, 2012

HELLOOOO 2012

This last year has been absolutely crazy. There are definately things that have been really great about 2011 and things I'd rather forget but all in all I feel like we have a lot to look forward to with 2012. For everybody who didn't know.... WE'RE HAVING A BABY! We couldn't be more excited. Little baby McCandless is scheduled to arrive sometime around July 20th and we'll find out sometime in the next month and a half what we're having. Wyatt's been pretty excited about our little peanut. And although he would rather poke his eye out than go to a Lamaz class I'm sure he'll warm up to it .... We're also really excited because Wyatt will be graduating from BYU-I in April. Finally we'll be done with school and able to move on with our lives. Don't get me wrong i'm sure we've learned a lot of great things from him being in school and struggling as poor married students but I'm more than happy to finally just be able to be a mom and stay home and not work 2 jobs everyday.

We had a really great Christmas with Wyatt's family. On Christmas Eve we went to the McNair home for the family Christmas party complete with pork roast, salads, white elephant gifts, and ofcourse the family talent show/nativty. Afterwards we invited wyatt's family over to fill them in on our little surprise. We made cute Christmas cards that we wrapped with their christmas present that said "Merry Christmas: love Wyatt, Briana, and baby Mccandless (arriving July 2012)" It was so fun to watch them open it and the confused looks on their faces followed by " what... are you serious? no way.... OH MY GOSH!" We called my family earlier that day and had my mom and dad open their christmas present. They were sooo excited. I couldn't understand much of what was going on because of the screaming and yelling, but Haley walked around for awhile saying... " i'm going to be an aunt!" and my dad got a little teary eyed. I loved it!

For New year's we had a party with Lloyd, Sunni, Travis and Angie. We had a lot of fun playing the game "Things" and eating a bunch of junk food. We also had a lot of fun listening to Jagger (travis and angie's boy) try to convince all of us that he was Harry Potter. We stayed over till about 1 and made it home by 2. Luckily churched changed from 9 to 11 so we were able to get a couple extra hours of sleep.

At church we recieved a new calling. We are no longer in nursery (thank goodness.... we're worn out ) Wyatt and I will now be teaching the CTR 7 class together. I'm definately looking forward to the change and all of the fun things i'll learn from our new little class. 

 All in all I think there's going to be a lot of great things goin on in 2012 and I can't wait to see what the new year has instore for out little family.

1 comments:

The Knapp Fam said...

Super excited for you guys!

Post a Comment