Tuesday, October 25, 2011

9 months Of Craziness

Ok so i'm a slacker..... I always say that i'm going to be really dilligent about my blogging but life gets crazy and I forget. So I thought I would give a little update with some pictures......
This year Murphy discovered his love for outdoor carpet..... So far he's been an awesome dog. He's never chewed up anything but one day I came home and I found this little surprise. I wasn't very happy but deep down I had to agree with Murph that the carpet had to go..


My insulin levels have been all sorts of crazy. So in an effort to eat better and be healthy I've been experimenting with different recipes. On this particular night I was home alone and was CRAVING pizza. I tried to be good and created this beauty.... the crust is made out of ground flax seeds and the entire pizza only consists of 12 carbs. It definately hit the spot.


Along with trying to eat healthy i've been doing a lot of research on the best way to eat healthy. That's when I discovered eating clean... This book is AMAZING! It explains what different types of food do to your body and why certain foods make you bloated and others can get you that amazing body that everybody is after. I never really realized what a huge impact sugar, processed foods, and white flour has on your body or your metabolism. I also had a hard time believing that by eating more you could actually lose weight but it's really true. Another great thing about eating clean is that i've found foods that I love that normally I would never have eaten like..... brown rice, sweet potatos, dairy free cream cheese, and various fruits and vegetables. I think eating clean is definately something that we will institute in our family.


Wyatt finally got his truck....For about a year now we've had two white chevy's sitting in our driveway. One that runs and one that doesn't. Wyatt's original plan was to take the one that didn't run and eventually fix it up and convert it from a 2 door to a 4 door extended cab with a "souped" up motor and all the other things that guys talk about to make their trucks cool (apparently i need to learn a few mechanical words...) but anyway that was the original plan until wyatt found this beauty... He bought it for a screamin deal from a guy in wyoming. Not only does it run but it's already a 4 door and has a good engine so it'll save us time and money. Wyatt is soooo excited about his truck he even bought a Boston "B" decal and put it in the back window.. I guess the truck is now official and part of the family. I'm just super glad that both of the other chevy's are gone and we only have 1 truck in our driveway (that actually runs).

This summer my Mom, Emmy, and Haley came down to visit us. It was fun to have them stay at our house and visit for a few days. Justie wasn't able to come because she had dance and ended up staying home so when we went up to visit a few weeks later Wyatt, Murphy, and I took her out for a day by ourselves. We had a lot of fun hiking around Tubb's Hill and getting frozen yogurt at Jamz.


After a long crazy semester Wyatt and I decided to take a mini vacation and go to Salt Lake City for the weekend. We had a lot of fun eating Korean food, attending conference and just spending some quality time together. We were also able to meet up with one of his old mission companions along with his wife and baby and have dinner at a great Brazilian restaurant.
We now have a new addition to the McCandless family. Her name is Tess and she's one of the cutest puppies i've ever seen! She's an American Bulldog and she's going to be huge! she's only about 15 weeks old and she's almost as tall as murphy and her paws are quite a bit bigger. But she's super sweet and has lots of wrinkles. And her and Murphy have become best buds.  Something funny about Tess is that the cartilage in one of her ears was formed a little funny so her right ear never lays down. But i love it!
One of our more recent adventures has been the removal of Wyatt's tonsils. He got them out two weeks ago today and it's been a LOOOONG two weeks. The doctor said that they were some of the biggest tonsils he's ever seen. I saw them afterwards and I think he was right. They were HUGE!! Wyatt's been absolutely miserable and spent the first week on the couch in pain. Not only did he break out in cold sweats multiple times a day from his pain medicine but he also ended up living on soup, vitamin waters, and pudding. He couldn't even get mashed potatos down because they were too thick. Luckily he was able to eat some spaghetti last Saturday and things have been going uphill since then. I'm glad that he's doing so well now because he's going to be going to the SEMA show in vegas in the next week and it would've really been a bummer if he still wasn't feeling well and had to miss out on that.

SOMETHING FUN..... Wyatt taught me how to ride a dirt bike this last weekend! I'd never ridden one before and I LOVED it. We got a really really good deal on a couple dirt bikes from a guy in our ward and luckily one was just my size. I'm really glad that now we have something fun and inexpensive that we can do together.

Last but not least.... our prayers were answered.... After a long battle with BYU-Idaho wyatt finally has permission to graduate in April. The automotive department didn't want to accept wyatt's Spanish cluster because they thought that he should be "held to a standard" and they also didn't feel like spanish was applicable to his automotive degree... last time I checked hispanic people drove cars and needed them fixed too! They wanted Wyatt to find another cluster aka minor to take with his automotive degree  which would have put him in  school another year, made us have to find somewhere else to live, and it would have also put us into debt because we wouldn't have qualified for financial aid. Luckily tho after talking to everybody except for President Clark he was finally able to get it approved and it looks like we'll be moving down to Blackfoot in April!!! wooo hooo! Life is Good



0 comments:

Post a Comment